Episode 263 – How to Help Your Client’s Adult Kids Figure Out Their Financial Future –– With Brian Ursu
Millennials and Gen Zs are often left asking themselves, “Now what?” when they’ve received their first big paycheck or a windfall of money.
In this episode, Matt speaks with Brian Ursu, president of Intentional Wealth Advisors and the author of “Now What? A Practical Guide to Figuring Out Your Financial Future.” Recognizing that many people, including those who are just starting out, were never educated in financial planning, this book bridges that gap with practical advice for readers of all ages dealing with fiscal change.
Brian talks about how he wrote the book, who it’s for, and how his clients are using this book as a lifeline for teaching adult kids about money. Brian also explains how family meetings can play a role in positioning you as a family advisor for your clients’ children.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What prompted Brian to write his book
- How Brian uses his book in his practice
- Why adult children are more likely to take financial advice from a book vs. their parents
- How family advisors can impact their client’s adult children’s financial literacy
- Ideas for how to organize family meetings
- Brian’s advice for advisors who want to maintain multigenerational relationships with their clients and their families
- And more!
Tune in to learn how you can equip the next generation with financial knowledge and become their family advisor.
Brought to you by: iris.xyz